Timthumb is a great script, written in PHP for image editing. However I strongly suggest amtyThumb for WordPress users due to some very basic reasons.
- amtyThumb is specially designed for WordPress user.
- It automatically extract 1st image from an article and resize it as per need.
- It requires post id instead of image URL. So no other sites can use script to steal your bandwidth.
- Like timThumb, you need not to specify allowed websites.
- It is light weighted and uses caching. Caching saves time to extract an image from the post and resizing it.
- You can cache/re-cache images for selected or all posts from admin page.
- It has an option page where you can test the plugin.
Home URL for amtythumb
Latest version of amtyThumb ie 8.0 doesn’t depend on any external plugin. So just install and enjoy.
Author of amty thumb recent is about to stop any longer support to his last plugin. Instead, He has separated images extraction and thumbnail generation portion. He has published a new wordpress plugin, say amtyThumb, which can help people to place thumbnail anywhere on his wordpress site/blog using short code or php function.
To fetch image from specific post. Resize to half.
[amtyThumbOnly percent=50 post_id=282]
To fetch image from current post. Resize by its width.(adjust height automatically)
Resize an image instead of fetching it from any post.
[amtyThumbOnly image_url=http://thinkzarahatke.com/testingimage.jpg percent=50]
Using PHP function instead of short code
amty_lead_img(width,height,1,image-url,percent,zoom or crop,post-id);
Some network doesn't allow images hosted on photobucket, imageshake, or youtube etc. You can use amtyThumb to display an image without resizing.
If you have any query about the plugin fill and submit the below form.
Using font instead of images has many advantages. Like
- Font letters can be re-sized easily without losing sharpness.
- We can change foreground & background color of text.
- We can apply other text decoration to the font.
- Many letters(or symbols) are packed in a font.
- You can show a font character in any style instead of making new request for an image.
- You can use them to generate Captcha